5 – day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas
For intermediate-advanced skill level.
All safety wear, tools, materials supplied along with home-cooked lunch. Continuing professional development. Five-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
Glenn Lucas, Ireland, is a well-established production turner specialising in utility ware. He started turning in 1990 at the age of sixteen producing thousands of bowls and platters each year. Glenn has become a popular demonstrator and teacher in Ireland, England, Europe, New Zealand, Australia and the USA and has released six highly successful DVDs on the techniques of turning.
Glenn has a reputation for efficiency and having an in depth knowledge of the tools of the trade. A masterclass with Glenn will help you master the techniques of turning.
Projects taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping and bowl coring
- Salad Bowl
- 12 inch traditional Irish plate
- Natural edge bowl
- Large platter
- Dublin Viking Bowl
Skills taught during the Masterclass
• Tool Selection
• Shear scraping and shear cutting techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Creating Tool Grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing Techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper Chucking Techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Wood Harvesting and Selection
• Air and Kiln drying techniques